British Music Abroad
Are you eligible?
- Are you a band/artist based in the UK?
- Do you write and perform your own music, that is high quality and innovative in style?
- Have you been invited to play at an international event, with a conference element, that is geared towards music industry professionals rather than the general public?
- Have you got a good profile in the UK (i.e. been featured in the national press/had airplay on national radio/and indie release)?
- Do you have a list of meetings with music industry executives (i.e. publishers, labels, agencies, etc) confirmed for when you are at your chosen showcase?
- Do you have a strong business case for attending this specific showcase (i.e. are you building upon prior success there, or following up on significant buzz surrounding your band in that particular country)?
If you answer yes to all of the questions below then you are eligible to apply.
(If you answered no to any of the questions then British Music Abroad funding isn't right for you at the moment but you may be able to apply for funding through our other programmes.)