British Composer Award Nominations and a Paul Hamlyn Foundation Award Winner
We are immensely proud that five of our funded commissions have been nominated in this year's British Composer Awards, and one of our supported composers has won a coveted PHF Award for Artists.
Works nominated for the British Composer Awards, and supported by PRS for Music Foundation are:
- 'Five Larkin Songs' by Huw Watkins in the Vocal category
- 'Matilda' by Tim Minchin for Stage Works
- 'The Wreck of the Titanic' by David Bedford in the Community or Educational category
- 'Night Shift' by Anna Meredith in the Community or Educational category
- 'Fables - A Film Opera' by Mira Calix, Orlando Gough, Emily Hall, Andy Mellon and Paul Sartin for Outreach.
And congratulations to composer Larry Goves (New Music Incubator participant in 2010) for winning one of three Paul Hamlyn Awards for Artists.